Revitalizing a Community
The goal of the Meadows Community Foundation is to build an attractive, safe, 100-acre neighborhood and replace concentrated poverty with a mix of affordable and market-rate homes. We seek to bring fresh food at reasonable prices back to an area that is over three miles from the nearest grocery store and to create a multi-use park with ample green spaces, community gardens and a health and wellness center. We will build on the extraordinary educational opportunities available to the neighborhood through two of Indianapolis’ finest charter schools.
- 250 townhomes and single family homes
- 600 high quality, mixed-income apartments
- 70,000 sq. ft. multi-use health and wellness center
- Full-service grocery store and commercial shops
- Five acre active-use community park
- Community gardens and green space areas
- Recreational walking, running and biking paths
- Family-focused opportunities including job training, child care and social & human services
Our goal is to create a community where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We seek to build brighter futures and strengthen human and physical capital. This initiative includes cradle-to-college educational opportunities, mixed income housing, youth and adult development programs, new employment opportunities and job training and health and wellness programs. Our partner, Purpose Built Communities, has proven in Atlanta that a holistic approach can have a number of positive effects.
- Reduces crime
- Boosts employment
- Builds student achievement
- Fosters involvement and civic pride
- Benefits the local economy
- Enhances neighborhood sustainability
Meadows Community Foundation Mission Statement
The mission of the Meadows Community Foundation, Inc. is to support quality education, renew pride and confidence, promote reinvestment, and revitalize the distressed Indianapolis neighborhood affectionately known as The Meadows by creating collaborations among residents, businesses, community leaders, foundations and governments.